Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Journal Entries 15. Due February 15.

15.1 It’s that time of year when the cheesy red roses and crappy boxes of candy get passed out as representations of love.  So, I thought to myself, why not give in to Dyllan’s ridiculous request and ask this question: What is love? (Required entry)

15.2 I think, even as young people, we look at some of the stuff our parents do and say to ourselves, “I’m not going to do that to my kids.”  My mom says that she and her sisters made a conscious decision to be nice to their kids, because their mother had been so cold.  I think for me it’s that because my parents did too many things for me (do the dishes, manage my bank account and taxes) that it was harder for me to become an independent adult.  So, what is yours?  What habit of your parents’ will you be sure to not repeat?   

15.3 From Wikipedia.org, we get a wonderful entry about the Bennington Triangle which states:  

stories of strange happenings had been told about Glastenbury and the surrounding area for many years prior to the disappearances in the 1940s, the best-known of which is probably that of Paula Jean Welden in December 1946. Other sources do seem to corroborate that such folklore does appear to date back as far as the late 19th century and perhaps even earlier. This includes the local folk belief that Native Americans regarded the Glastenbury area as "cursed" and avoided it, as well as tales of hairy "wild men" and other strange beasts in the woods.” 

I want you to tell the story of Paula Jean, like you were a novelist.  Don’t forget your beginning, middle, and ending.  (If you want to extend this story, write part of it now, and then continue the story over multiple free entries…)  

No comments:

Post a Comment